• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Brown...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Brown...

...will never be Prime Minister!

That is my prediction.

Discuss, hurl abuse at Chico &| Francko, whatever...

Here's ******* hoping!

Comment

Agreed. Brown's tax antics, the slow eroding of Blair's popularity, the stagnation of 'New' Labour, the rise of a new pretender. It's a foregone conclusion.

Comment

He hasn't got that ruthless streak it takes to be a Prime Minister anyway. He could have finished Blair at the height of the Iraq crisis and has had opportunities before and since. At the critical moment he's always backed down.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerxes
          He hasn't got that ruthless streak it takes to be a Prime Minister anyway.
          Are we sure that we want our politicians to have a ruthless streak? OK if they're going to be emperor of Persia, but not here and now.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
            Are we sure that we want our politicians to have a ruthless streak? OK if they're going to be emperor of Persia, but not here and now.
            I think so, certainly when it comes to protracted negotiations with, say, the EU. Politicians who will shy away from the tough decisions aren't much use in situations like that.

Comment

pensioners

I can't believe there are no massive headlines about Clown's increase of 2.20 for pensioners. At least it's better than the 75p of a few years ago.
              Considering how much council tax will go up by, I expect many pensioners to be in jail next year.

Strange how Brownstaff will find the money for the MP's 22 percent pay rise.

Comment

Aaaaw but he would look so good inside Number 10.

Comment

If he does make it to number 10, Cameron will be the next Prime minister
                  I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by partimer
                    I can't believe there are no massive headlines about Clown's increase of 2.20 for pensioners. At least it's better than the 75p of a few years ago.
                    Considering how much council tax will go up by, I expect many pensioners to be in jail next year.

Strange how Brownstaff will find the money for the MP's 22 percent pay rise.
                    A political masterstroke.

The pensionsers will be jailed due their inablity to pay rising fuel and coucnil tax bills, they willl be put to state slave labour servicing EDS government contracts.

This solves the pension crises at a stroke.

Raised the price of diesel Oil, heads computerised and yellow zizag lines of warning.

Meanhwile another tree dies of shame.
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 8 December 2005, 10:06.

Comment

Working...
                    X