• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Restriction clause - Am I being fooled?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restriction clause - Am I being fooled?

Hi

This is my first contract, so please help me.
    I have the following clause in my contract.

RESTRICTION
    The Supplier shall not for a period of six months following the termination of the Assignment supply its services directly, or through any other person, firm or company, to any Client for whom it has carried out the Assignment at any time during the previous six months

Is this normal in most of the contract, or Am i being fooled cos the agency knows that this is my first contract?
    (I have gone thro thread, they seem to have a lot of problems with it..pls help)

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions

Legal stuff, humm
    oxo with Sunday lunch

Comment

Sounds like a standard clause in many contracts.

I had one in mine, but the agency and the umbrella cocked up, by making unilateral changes to it later in the year, and sending an email informing the contractors of the change.

Roger Sinclair of Egos ripped it to pieces, and the agency and the umbrella backed down to let me contract direct.

I'd definitely recommend you speak to a contract lawyer. He'll check the contract and let you know if it's kosher. Expect to pay £500-£1000 for a proper review. It saved me thousands in the long run.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
      X