• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How bad is Xmas (food) shopping today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going now - will stay away from turkey fights

If you are driving don't expect to get a parking space.

I got my car cleaned so I could park at the second supermarket I attempted to get into........
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      If you are driving don't expect to get a parking space.

That bad? ...

Ok, to hell with it - will just have to do over Xmas, good thing we don't celebrate it...

Going to visit office instead - we've got reserved parking space there...

Comment

Don't know, I've never been daft enough to leave the Xmas shopping this late

Although when I drove past Tesco & Asda this morning, the Queues were about a mile long into their already full car parks
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

The shops are closed tomorrow apart from the little corner shop ones run by non-Christian folk.

I love multicultural Britain

I couldn't get any diesel yesterday as they had either run out or the queues where too long.

Hopefully there is a place open on boxing day which has fuel.
          Last edited by SueEllen; 24 December 2009, 10:36.

Comment

Got all the food & a full tank of fuel so Im staying in with BGG & ignoring the world.

Any form of shopping on the 24th is going to be a bit of a 'mare good luck & take the AK47
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              The shops are closed tomorrow apart from the little corner shop ones run by non-Christian folk.

I love multicultural Britain

I couldn't get any diesel yesterday as they had either run out or the queues where too long.

Hopefully there is a place open on boxing day which has fuel.
              Strangely enough, I called in and filled up the tank this morning (Petrol) and all the diesel pumps were closed off!
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

We got Tesco in city center not far from office where we got dedicated car parking space, for which I must add the company pays business rates

Talking of which - how the **** it came about that businesses have to pay business rates on employee car parking? FFS!

Comment

we were expecting an ASDA delivery on Christmas eve eve, aka wed night. It got snowed in , so the missus went into panic mode.

We set the alarm for 4am and drove over to the ASDA in Horwich. The A6 was empty and the supermarket had half a dozen other early birds, but apart from the restocking trolleys , it was a succesful foray

go now and you will regret it, it will be mayhem

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Strangely enough, I called in and filled up the tank this morning (Petrol) and all the diesel pumps were closed off!
                    Oh f!!k. I need to drive down to Kent on Boxing Day. I suppose if I can't find one I'm going to have to half fill up at a motorway service station.

In years gone past I did all my Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve. It didn't use to be that busy but then I avoided supermarkets.

Now I get a load of presents in supermarkets..............

Comment

Working...
                    X