• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cliphead...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cliphead...

Do you create library music i.e. the stuff that gets bought for films, ads etc.?

Just wondered if there is still a market for this stuff. I can create muzak all day long, expecially if someone pays me for it.

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    Do you create library music i.e. the stuff that gets bought for films, ads etc.?

Just wondered if there is still a market for this stuff. I can create muzak all day long, expecially if someone pays me for it.
    Yes, I have an extensive library of music that occasionally gets used for commercials, documentaries and corporate video. I recently signed a contract with Miramax to do the score for a Hollywood A list movie.

Only took twenty years to get the credibility, in this business it's who you know that counts. PM me when I'm sober and I'll give you some pointers.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Yes, I have an extensive library of music that occasionally gets used for commercials, documentaries and corporate video. I recently signed a contract with Miramax to do the score for a Hollywood A list movie.

Only took twenty years to get the credibility, in this business it's who you know that counts. PM me when I'm sober and I'll give you some pointers.

Now that's what I call a Plan B!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
        Now that's what I call a Plan B!!
        I'm an unknown so not quite ready to retire on one score but not far off
        Me, me, me...

Comment

I'm an unknown so not quite ready to retire on one score but not far off
          What's so impressive is the modesty - No 'Major Hollywood Music news, soon' posts...

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
            What's so impressive is the modesty - No 'Major Hollywood Music news, soon' posts...
            I'm keeping that for the Oscar's
            Me, me, me...

Comment

I recently signed a contract with Miramax
              Are you Jay or Silent Bob?

Comment

Is it a war film?
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  Is it a war film?
                  Historical drama.

Demos I might post here bear no resemblance to the pieces I'm commissioned to write. Do you post your best code on your website?

You've already heard some of my music on more than one major movie and a fair to middling chance I'm playing on at least one album in your collection.

Happy Christmas
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Dunno about that one. My first effort did rather well in Cannes though, even had a small acting part
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X