• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

my first security clearance (credit check)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first security clearance (credit check)

Quick question regarding SC Clearance - got a sponsor etc, i'm due to start d job in Jan 2010

however I have some questions abt d credit check.

Problem being I have a default on a charge card ( whach i'm paying back thr debt collectors) and also some late payments on loans all due to the fact that i was out of job for 7 months. I have just brought up my loan accts back to normal.

the question in the form did say 'have you ever defaulted on a loan', i don't know if the charge card is classified as loan and if late payments are clssified as defaults.

main problem is that i've sent out this forms back to my new employer and i've ticked No to (Ever defaulted on a loan & Do you currently have, or have you ever had, significant financial difficulties)

I understand it is best to be open and honest, which i plan to be. However do any of you know if this will be a bar to getting the clearance?, if so, how do i get d form back ASAP and refill it.
    Last edited by heywhy; 29 December 2009, 19:14. Reason: refresh

Why on earth did nobody see and reply to this post at 5 a.m. on Xmas Day?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

What is SC Clearance?
      oxo with Sunday lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Lola View Post
        What is SC Clearance?

It's a secret...

HTH

Comment

If you're lucky the DVA will ask you further questions re the defaults you've failed to declare since they will turn them up in their basc searches.

If you're unlucky they will refuse clearance and you're screwed.

The basic rule is to be open and honest, if you're not you run a serious risk of refusal.

Comment

Originally posted by heywhy View Post
            Quick question regarding SC Clearance - got a sponsor etc, i'm due to start d job in Jan 2010

however I have some questions abt d credit check.

Problem being I have a default on a charge card ( whach i'm paying back thr debt collectors) and also some late payments on loans all due to the fact that i was out of job for 7 months. I have just brought up my loan accts back to normal.

the question in the form did say 'have you ever defaulted on a loan', i don't know if the charge card is classified as loan and if late payments are clssified as defaults.

main problem is that i've sent out this forms back to my new employer and i've ticked No to (Ever defaulted on a loan & Do you currently have, or have you ever had, significant financial difficulties)

I understand it is best to be open and honest, which i plan to be. However do any of you know if this will be a bar to getting the clearance?, if so, how do i get d form back ASAP and refill it.
            Your clearance officer will have seen and heard it all before, so why not just call and ask them? They're not ogres. They want to pass you.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
            X