• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting is.............

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting is.............

being asked to string popcorn onto thread for our office Christmas tree.... $$$$$$
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Have you carried out a full health and safety risk assessment?

Comment

...............contacting is also............installing XP on a second machine and putting network games on there for Christmas.............
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
        being asked to string popcorn onto thread for our office Christmas tree.... $$$$$$
        Was this a quoted responsibility in your contract or are you proving your IR35 status by agreeing to any request from your manager

Comment

why not alternate popcorn with cranberries, for better effect?

Pinto in "Blue Peter" mode

Comment

Do you have an unfettered subsititute clause? Why not 'outsource' this task and get somebody else to do it? Looks good on the IR35 front also.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Why not alternate popcorn and cranberries and prawns?

RSoles in RSole mode.

Comment

You disguised employee you!

Better watch out, if you ever get an IR35 review Mr Browns goons will use this against you!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                X