• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nigeran man tries to blow up plane

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nigeran man tries to blow up plane

http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories...aspx?id=410965

'We believe this was an attempted act of terrorism,' a senior White House official told AFP, speaking on condition of anonymity.

No sh!t Sherlock
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories...aspx?id=410965

'We believe this was an attempted act of terrorism,' a senior White House official told AFP, speaking on condition of anonymity.

No sh!t Sherlock
    I'm just glad the tulip survived to face justice, sore legs too.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Reportedly, he was on a ‘watch’ list, embarked from a known weak airport, and had a one-way ticket. FFS, only because he was a total muppet was all those people saved.

I’m sure that security can be improved by making life difficult for white, middle aged, English businessmen like me.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

<<The suspect's name was in a database indicating "a significant terrorist connection" although it did not appear on a "no-fly" list, >>

So once again the authorities bungle existing security regulation and HTF did he get a visa for the UK.

No doubt instead of enforcing existing regulations the government will make it an excuse to restrict and inconvenience Joe Public even more
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

How's about a manufactured terrorist act for Boxing Day when everyone is watching TV in a bit of an alcoholic stupor. Bet his name was Emmanuel Goldstein too...
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Mr Agele Olewayogogogozoomvroom
            Air Dept
            Shady Bank of Nugeria

Good daying to you,

With warm cockle heart I offer my sinceer friendship, and my greetings,and I hope this letter meets you in good time.

It will be surprising for you to be gettings this proposal from me since you do not know me.

However, I am kindly seeking your confidence in this transaction,which I, propose with my bended knee and free mind and as a person of much honest.

Following a civil war, I am leaving Nugeria with lots of money, via Amsterdam on a planecraft. The amount is Fifteen Million one hundred thousand united states dollars (US$15,100,000.00), converted in to diamonds.

I am so worried that the civil war death squads who are being most naughty will try to stop me, so for my own safety i have strapped a bomb to my body before I am flying.

I am being clever man, because if they try to be putting bomb on plane, I am already having my own, and the chance of 2 bombs on a plane is impossible see !

However, should something happen and I get crap food on planescraft, I am worried that my fartings will cause a major soilings in my underpants, and not only will under-carriage of planescraft be in trouble, but my own as well ! LOL !

To this affect, I am instructing you to be my next of kinsmen, even if I am landing ok, and thus the case of diamonds is yours in most seriousness.

I hereby ask for you to send an application to my email so I can nominate you for recieveal of the case.

Please be sending me your name, address, bank account details, and a spare change of underpants....
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

BBC: Met Police search London flat in US plane attack probe

BBC News correspondent Richard Slee said there was fairly low-key police activity at the last known address of Mr Abdulmutallab, a basement flat in a mansion block near Harley Street in central London.

Reporting from the scene, he said police forensic officers have been seen going into the building on Mansfield Street.

Flats in the building sell for between £1.5m and £2.5m and residents are now asking how a student could afford to live in such an exclusive location, our correspondent said.
              'king 'ell - I know that block. That is NOT student accommodation. However, there are plenty of flats owned by rich Africans around that area so not a lot can be inferred from his living there.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                Mr Agele Olewayogogogozoomvroom
                Air Dept
                Shady Bank of Nugeria

Good daying to you,

With warm cockle heart I offer my sinceer friendship, and my greetings,and I hope this letter meets you in good time.

It will be surprising for you to be gettings this proposal from me since you do not know me.

However, I am kindly seeking your confidence in this transaction,which I, propose with my bended knee and free mind and as a person of much honest.

Following a civil war, I am leaving Nugeria with lots of money, via Amsterdam on a planecraft. The amount is Fifteen Million one hundred thousand united states dollars (US$15,100,000.00), converted in to diamonds.

I am so worried that the civil war death squads who are being most naughty will try to stop me, so for my own safety i have strapped a bomb to my body before I am flying.

I am being clever man, because if they try to be putting bomb on plane, I am already having my own, and the chance of 2 bombs on a plane is impossible see !

However, should something happen and I get crap food on planescraft, I am worried that my fartings will cause a major soilings in my underpants, and not only will under-carriage of planescraft be in trouble, but my own as well ! LOL !

To this affect, I am instructing you to be my next of kinsmen, even if I am landing ok, and thus the case of diamonds is yours in most seriousness.

I hereby ask for you to send an application to my email so I can nominate you for recieveal of the case.

Please be sending me your name, address, bank account details, and a spare change of underpants....
                Looks like the Nigerians have outsourced their email scams to Bob Shawadiwadi!!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  Reportedly, he was on a ‘watch’ list, embarked from a known weak airport, and had a one-way ticket. FFS, only because he was a total muppet was all those people saved.

I’m sure that security can be improved by making life difficult for white, middle aged, English businessmen like me.
                  Yes, look forward to having your legs searched every time you want to fly now.

I like that bit on the BBC.

Passengers can no longer stand up, open the lockers, cover themselves with blankets an hour before landing.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
                    Yes, look forward to having your legs searched every time you want to fly now.

I like that bit on the BBC.

Passengers can no longer stand up, open the lockers, cover themselves with blankets an hour before landing.
                    Or visit the Loo
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X