• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nespresso Machines

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nespresso Machines

I've been toying with the idea of buying one (like I haven't got enough kitchen gadgets already but....) ever since I had one in a hotel room I stayed in and like the convenience of it.

Has anyone got one already, how have they found the quality of the coffee?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I've been toying with the idea of buying one (like I haven't got enough kitchen gadgets already but....) ever since I had one in a hotel room I stayed in and like the convenience of it.

Boil a bloody kettle you lazy sod.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Boil a bloody kettle you lazy sod.
      fork orf and a merry bah humbug to you too ya luddite
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Beans - the old fashioned way

Hmm,

my take is - if an employer provides a free nespresso, it is good coffee

Otherwise, I prefer the old fashioned beans, grinder and coffee machine

Comment

fork orf and a merry bah humbug to you too ya luddite
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I don't drink coffee I take tea my dear.

The contractor who sits next to me does and he bought one for his house, swears it is the best thing since sliced bread. Claims the quality is very high for a cappuccino that can be made on the spot. I could not vouch for it personally.

Comment

Not for me. Get an airtight jar, put some good quality beans in it and put it in the fridge. Get a Krupp grinder.
              Buy a quality coffee maker, a Gaggia or something with high pressure. Do it properly. There's no substitute.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                Not for me. Get an airtight jar, put some good quality beans in it and put it in the fridge. Get a Krupp grinder.
                Buy a quality coffee maker, a Gaggia or something with high pressure. Do it properly. There's no substitute.
                Don't think anyone is going to claim that a Nespresso Machine is ever going to be as good as fresh ground coffee but it seems to be a half way house after nescafe.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                  WHS + 1

Nespresso's are ok, in the same way a Maccy D's burger is ok, if you don't care about taste and flavour.

If you can spare 5 minutes, then with a Gaggia, blender and fresh beans, you can make coffee that will blow your taste buds away.

If you are serious about coffee, then RH's is the only way to proceed. The Gaggia Baby Dose is a great machine.
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

"Good coffee" is overrated. Buy decent instant and make it with two spoonfuls per mug; that'll take care of your caffeine requirements and saves a lot of faffing about.

If you're going to get worked up about the flavour of the stuff you ingest, you're much better off devoting your time to finding good sources of sausages and bacon. A "good" cup of coffee is NBG if they're not up to scratch; but a good sausage (or three) and good smoked bacon don't need fancy time-wasting coffee to wash them down.

Oh, and always use the fat from the sausages and bacon to fry your bread. That way none of the health-giving fat goes to waste, and all the extra flavour that might otherwise have been lost is fried right in there

Comment

Working...
                    X