• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Week of This...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Week of This...

Aaaaaaargh!

Is it January 4th yet?

I've concluded I shouldn't have finished on the 17th.

The Good News is that the railway signallers are celebrating the New Year by going on strike again.

Where's Maggie Thatcher when you need her?

some of us have more than a week owing to being benched
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      My sympathies.

I was out for 18 months from October 2003.

Not much fun really.
      How did you fill your time?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        How did you fill your time?
        Let's just say that Pot Noodle sales in Wales were significantly higher than usual for that period.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Is it January 4th yet?
          I too, am waiting for January 4th, despite being firmly glued to the bench.

Why?

On that date the famous "Wetherspoons sale" starts. No doubt it'll be 99pence a pint again...

Publicity
          Last edited by MrMark; 28 December 2009, 17:38.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I did 8 months last year, not so bothered atm (only benched since 18th), but since I'm supporting a benched Mr Norr (Permie) things might get fun after another while (I won't start panicking till I hit 10 months), still have a few irons in the fire, am waiting on a interview.

Fingers crossed
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
            X