• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

35 years experience required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35 years experience required

Just been browsing jobserver and have seen this advert for a junior project manager role.

You should have:

35 years IT experience
    23 Infrastructure PM

£270 per day, any takers?

http://www.jobserve.com/WE6915C0BEE1AF380.job

With a mere 22 years experience Im out of the running.

Interestingly enough the rate does depend on experience as the ad states

250-270/Day + Dependent On Experience

So I guess if you can offer 40 years experience then you get 270 a day.

Comment

I've got 4.5 billion years of experience - that's what comes of being fractured in time. However, as you may have seen in the documentary about me, "City of Death" , my planning skills turned out to be pretty crappy in the end.

Comment

Scaroth has a good point here. I'm living proof that thousands of years of experience don't necessarily make your plans any good.

Comment

So does that make you guys the Wile E. Coyote ( Genius ) of timetravellers :P

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Able to multi-task with a vengeance

thrap and move the mouse

Comment

It

i have put forward my grandma.

Comment

I have inherited 2,058 years experience since my ancestor Sabina Maxima helped manage and leverage the Julius Caesar Gaul Invasion Logistics Department during their successful implementation of the Advanced Conquest Deployment in a pan-european environment

Where do I apply?
                Chico, what time is it?

Comment

So if you have 35 years in as a fully paid up geek, assuming you started at say 20, that would put you at 55. So at the age of 55 would you really be interested in a junior project manager role?
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                    So if you have 35 years in as a fully paid up geek, assuming you started at say 20, that would put you at 55. So at the age of 55 would you really be interested in a junior project manager role?
                    Beats working the tills at B&Q.

Comment

Working...
                    X