• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good for the kiddies, but I felt a bit of a spaz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for the kiddies, but I felt a bit of a spaz

Sometimes you just have to do stuff, even if it makes you a bit uncomfortable, even if it puts you outside your comfort zone, like someone who is shy hosting a party for example.
    Well I didnt host a party. well not exactly

The missus's daughter, son in law and grandkids came around yesterday, and in my drunken stupid, I had agreed to lay something on.

So I got my Italic caligraphy set out, and drew a christmas map. Scorched it over the gas so it looked a hundred years old and stuck it in an envelope hidden behind the front door.

After they had all been here an hour, we opened all the adults presents, which was good fun. The two boys were looking round for theirs, but all they got was a choccie off of the Christmas tree.

They are 5 and 3, and the five year old was getting a bit miffed. Then I reminded him that he had told me a few weeks earlier 'father Christmas doesnt come to grandads. only to boys.'

So I got the phone and rang the North Pole, Father Christmas is on his way, but he doesnt have any pressies, only a treasure map.

Five minutes later the door bell went, and we all trooped out. Wow Theres a letter from Santa. The oldest lad opened it and found the map. The hunt was on. First stop - the tinsel tree - head to the christmas couch and look for the first star. 'There it is mum - oohhh chocolate money'. quick - over to the Grinches grotto. where is it ? under the stairs. but we looked there mum, its only got the hoover. well lets looks again - oh look a second star. more treasure.
    then up Santas stairs to Rudolphs red nosed room. wow , a third star - AND more treasure, then back down to Santas snowdome under the stairs.
    But we just cleared it out nana - oh maybe the elves have been busy. Wow a star with number 4 on it- AND - the BIG treasure. two diddy cars with stickers.

then ten pints and a curry for grandad - he's fcked

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

nice one!

Diddy cars - we have a couple of those, not used the way they were intended, just for the young 'uns to roll down the slopes in the garden!
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

awww bless
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Well done EO
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I want to know who rang the bloody door bell ??!?!??
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            I want to know who rang the bloody door bell ??!?!??
            it wasn't me!
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
            X