• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The OCD thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OCD thread

First, apologies to any forum posters with genuine OCD problems past or present.

I am watching a DVD with SY02 and was turning the sound level up to level 40, but overshot and went to 41 so clicked it back one. SY02 asked why I did that. I said I would not have been comfortable with the telly set to an odd number.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    First, apologies to any forum posters with genuine OCD problems past or present.

I am watching a DVD with SY02 and was turning the sound level up to level 40, but overshot and went to 41 so clicked it back one. SY02 asked why I did that. I said I would not have been comfortable with the telly set to an odd number.

How many bars of soap have you gone through today?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I'm going to have to drive home....

I've just remembered I left a knife in the fork section of my cutlery drawer!

With thanks to Vic and Bob

Comment

I have a similar thing with 13, i'll never have volume or anything at that level, has to move to 12 or 14.

Think thats superstition rather than OCD though.

In fact, i've just doomed myself by typing it.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

I do the same with the car stereo, TV

Have to have towels folded a certain way.

Nothing wrong with it

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
            I have a similar thing with 13, i'll never have volume or anything at that level, has to move to 12 or 14.
            I don't like having my guitar amp on 11. I usually stick to 10.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

What is wrong with 41? It is a prime number is therefore preferable to 40.

Comment

my mrs has got it bad with everything being in its place at home

Either that or im a slob around the house

Comment

If I walk into a room and see the corner of the rug curled up I'll be out with a hammer and nail.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

There is a guy at the top of my road - EVERY time I go past, he is polishing away at his Modeo. To the point he knows everyone in the avenue and waves as we go past.

Bizarely he has an old rusty wreck parked next to his gleaming car covered over.

OCD is fun to see, but must be terrible to live with.

Comment

Working...
                    X