• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

China shopping centre builds 'car park for women'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China shopping centre builds 'car park for women'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8432887.stm

"The parking bays are one metre (3ft) wider than normal spaces"

Are they suggesting women can't drive? tsk......

Now all we need is for the UK to follow suit and build a separate road system too

Wait for it
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Women drivers, Russian style
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        Damn! That's the last bastion corrupted by the fairer sex

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8432887.stm

"The parking bays are one metre (3ft) wider than normal spaces"

Are they suggesting women can't drive? tsk......
          All car parks in this country needs this facility......

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            All car parks in this country needs this facility......
            Only if you let them out of the kitchen...................(Grabs tin helmet and dives for cover!!!)
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I think you guys are being unfair to women drivers. How can you expect women to drive cars designed by men?

There need to be a woman friendly car with such features as:

Reversible seats and dual rear driving controls so that if she need to go backwards all she does is turn the seats around and use the rear driving controls.

Padded wings on the car to avoid those minor scrapes.

A hand brake that automatically comes on when the can stops.

Anti roll back mechanism for hill starts.

Castor wheels for parking.

Fully automatic climate control that demists the windows so she does not have to frig about with trial and error just to clear the windscreen.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The only wheel they should be let behind is the one for slicing Pizza's

Ducks and runs for cov.................aaargh!

Sorry, didn't see you there luv

Comment

Speeking as a woman I don't think the worst thing about driving in China is the parking... I was once in a car in China which undertook other cars on the hard shoulder and whilst it was doing that another car undertook that car on the embankment.

I was also once in a taxi in China which drove straight into a tree.

Needless to say they were all male drivers.
                  Loopy Loo

Comment

Originally posted by lje View Post
                    Speeking as a woman I don't think the worst thing about driving in China is the parking... I was once in a car in China which undertook other cars on the hard shoulder and whilst it was doing that another car undertook that car on the embankment.

I was also once in a taxi in China which drove straight into a tree.

Needless to say they were all male drivers.
                    I think that’s a very sexist comment unlike us males who are trying to make constructive suggestions for women.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X