• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gym dilemma....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gym dilemma....

There is a 6 pack attach at 6:05 to 6:25 - a 20 minute spin class.

I enjoy the 7pm aerobics (for obvious reasons )

I am thinking of spending the 35 minutes in-between classes running on the running track.

Is this insane, or healthy? Plan B is 15 minutes running track then the aerobics. But, there are a lot of calories to be burned, need to balance against wearing my joints out.

Isn't there a pub nearby?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

I am thinking of spending the 35 minutes in-between classes running on the running track.

Is this insane, or healthy? Plan B is 15 minutes running track then the aerobics. But, there are a lot of calories to be burned, need to balance against wearing my joints out.

Have a Google to find out. I think you will find that running in between won't burn calories it will start to burn muscle. As far as I can remember it’s only the fist 20 minutes of hard exercise that burns fat and calories after that you need to rest. It is better to do lots or short bursts of exercise in order to loose weight. If you go to the gym on one day it will take 48 hours for your body to repair the muscles and recover.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Get some Gym tonic whilst you wait...

IGMC

Comment

Your not going to reach your goals without good nutrition advice.

You should consider following the Paleo Diet (google it) it means no dairy, or wheat and less sugars.

In short you will cut out a lot of the useless carbs and replace them with protein, whilst still maintaining around 2500 calories per day.

This will change your bodys metabolism and you'll end up losing a lot of body fat and gaining lean muscle.

Aim for a breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner with around 60 grams of protien in each (300g a day) have a protein shake (approx 50g protein) straight after your workout.

Workout every other day, cardio one, resistance weight training the next...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            It's life, Gym, but not as we know it.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Why not post some nonsense on cuk for 35 minutes?

On second thoughts maybe not....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                It's life, Gym, but not as we know it.
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I enjoy the spin class, but I also like the aerobics. But which one is better ?
                  There's only one way to find out....

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
                    I enjoy the spin class, but I also like the aerobics. But which one is better ?
                    There's only one way to find out....
                    Stoppit! Stoppit Now
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X