• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government to raid charity money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government to raid charity money

Linky
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Supports what I've claimed here before about the fatuity of giving to charity - Indirectly you're simply handing your cash over to the Government, and now hopefully this is blatantly obvious.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Supports what I've claimed here before about the fatuity of giving to charity - Indirectly you're simply handing your cash over to the Government, and now hopefully this is blatantly obvious.
      You are quite correct. This is not a case of "ZaNuLabour" raiding your pockets, fun though it might be to pretend so. It is merely the Treasury applying International Accounting Standard 27, in order for the accounts to reflect the reality.

Giving to any charity that does work that the government should be doing, is simply giving to the government. Nothing new about that.
      Step outside posh boy

Comment

I give voluntary donations from my salary, Too late to stop this months, but there won't be any donations next month
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

The astonishing thing is that people in this country let the government get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            The astonishing thing is that people in this country let the government get away with it.
            That's because they won't let us own automatic weapons
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
            X