• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

if you thought 2009 was bad economically ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you thought 2009 was bad economically ...

...2010 promises to be much worse. By means of an unprecedented, coordinated government fiscal stimulus around the world economic disaster was averted in 2009.
    But nothing fundamental has changed. The UK in particular is still a fantasy island with an economy built on hot air and a a feeling of unjustified entitlement to prosperity (based on history) that permeates from bottom to top of society.
    Managed decline, the postwar mantra, has spiralled into accelerated (relative) decline with the rise of globalisation.
    The next few years are going to be austere and tough.
    And when the going gets tough, the tough (or able) get going - i.e. in a globalised economy the mobile talent leaves for greener pastures, thus making the situation worse.

My predictions for 2010:

1. Unemployment to top 3 million.
    2. Taxes to rise under the Tories
    3. Modest recovery in house prices this year will reverse. Fall of 5-10%.
    4. Financial sector to contract with nothing to take up the slack.
    5. Breakdown in society to continue with a growing underclass of feral chavs and laws that err towards liberalism. Crime to rise.

Happy New Year!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    ...2010 promises to be much worse. By means of an unprecedented, coordinated government fiscal stimulus around the world economic disaster was averted in 2009.
    But nothing fundamental has changed. The UK in particular is still a fantasy island with an economy built on hot air and a a feeling of unjustified entitlement to prosperity (based on history) that permeates from bottom to top of society.
    Managed decline, the postwar mantra, has spiralled into accelerated (relative) decline with the rise of globalisation.
    And when the going gets tough, the tough (or able) get going - i.e. in a globalised economy the mobile talent leaves for greener pastures, thus making the situation worse.

My predictions for 2010:

5. Breakdown in society to continue with a growing underclass of feral chavs and laws that err towards liberalism. Crime to rise.

Happy New Year!
    WHS +

Food shortages
    Civil unrest
    Multiple currency collapses
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Yes, I can easily buy into that scenario. I see no contractor rate rises either for the next 2 to 3 years too I reckon.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Will you shut up in 2010 and stop posting tulip on here?

If so then I would not call the year when it finally happens that bad...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

As ever I will give your comments the respect they deserve.

PS Speaking of respect as I am a senior poster to you (both in number of posts and importance of threads) I believe you should be suitably deferent.
          HTH
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Oh and did I say I expect SKA to still be promising news in 2010
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

My predictions for 2010:

Happy New Year!
              would you care you give a stock market prediction for 2010?

Comment

Dogs and cats living together......
                Last edited by HairyArsedBloke; 29 December 2009, 12:49. Reason: Ops! wrong order now corrected
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

As ever I will give your comments the respect they deserve.

PS Speaking of respect as I am a senior poster to you (both in number of posts and importance of threads) I believe you should be suitably deferent.
                  HTH
                  If you believed that you would try being nice to me occasionally.

Comment

Oh and did I say I expect SKA to still be promising news in 2010
                    Some smashing SKA news in pipeline for January 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X