• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great news - 'shared prosperity' is coming to Britain!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news - 'shared prosperity' is coming to Britain!

A defiantly optimistic Gordon Brown will tomorrow promise "a decade of shared prosperity'' ahead for Britain, provided that economic recovery, frontline public services and entrepreneurship can be protected from premature attempts to cut the budget deficit at the expense of those on modest incomes.

In his new year message, to be broadcast as a podcast tomorrow night, the prime minister seeks to contrast his own upbeat vision – shared by most British people, he says – with the "age of austerity" scenario he wants to attribute to David Cameron, although he does not mention the Conservatives directly.

More shared prosperity here:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...ery-prosperity

--------

I'd say, in all fairness the whole of Nu Liebor leadership (past and current) should be put to jail until all debts caused by them are repaid

"Shared Prosperity", it sounds "inclusive", I like it, and "share" rhymes with another one of his most favourite words "fair".

What are the "tough decisions" they have made - to lose our AAA rating to appease state funded dependents?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I'd say, in all fairness the whole of Nu Liebor leadership (past and current) should be put to jail until all debts caused by them are repaid
      Nah, put them in stocks in the high street so once pubs close, rather than fighting amongst ourselves, these hoons can see the outcome from their 12 years of failed policies for themselves - we can punch the hoons senseless after closing time.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        A defiantly optimistic Gordon Brown will tomorrow promise "a decade of shared prosperity'' ahead for Britain's politicians, provided that economic recovery and under the counter expenses funded by the public, and entrepreneurship and frivolous spending of parliament members can be protected from premature attempts to cut the expense budget and protect those MP's on modest incomes.

In his new year message, to be broadcast as a podcast tomorrow night, the prime minister seeks to contrast his own upbeat vision – shared by most British Labor, he says – with the "age of austerity being forced upon the poor MP's...............................
        FTFY
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

by shared prosperity does he mean he takes all our money as taxes and shares amongst those he feels should be prosperious?

fu<ing dip sh!t

Comment

Let me see. Borrowing is 15% of GDP and climbing. Hmm...

No, I don't think we need any more Labour prosperity.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              by shared prosperity does he mean he takes all our money as taxes and shares amongst those he feels should be prosperious?
              i.e. Labour voters in the barren north

Comment

Exactly what prosperity is he talking about?????

There aint none
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Exactly what prosperity is he talking about?????

There aint none
                  Ah but here will be if we vote in the man of experience - the best chancellor we've ever had ...

Comment

Actually Labour's best policy would be to let the Tories win and take all the flak for the upcoming austerity. Then win the election after that, when everyone's peed off with being even worse off.

Comment

Working...
                    X