• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sick of IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick of IT

Low Salaries
    No appreciation
    Complex work
    Lots of Competition
    Indians pricing us out of the Market
    No Jobs
    No Money
    Broke

Need to get out asap

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Low Salaries
    No appreciation
    Complex work
    Lots of Competition
    Indians pricing us out of the Market
    No Jobs
    No Money
    Broke

Need to get out asap
    and you will find the same tulipe, different country....
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Then best get out of this stupid industry

Any ideas? I am still 26 but I can see that IT is going nowhere.

Comment

Low Salaries - Compared to what? No justification. General comment.
        No appreciation - Thats life in any industry
        Complex work - Ahhh diddums. Plenty of jobs in IT that arnt
        Lots of Competition - Show me where there isn't
        Indians pricing us out of the Market - That is new news how?
        No Jobs - Seems to be plenty out there
        No Money - Save/Invest better
        Broke - See above

Need to get out asap - One less moaner and another job open for the willing.

Guess someone just wanted a un-justified feeling sorry for themselves moan I guess.

Are you still a permie or did you get in to contracting? If you are still permie why are you moaning about your job on a contractor forum?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I find many businesses now have a disdain for IT, even a hatred sometimes. This comes from the fact they have consistently fscked it up in the past, and now they are just sick of it (IT).

The smart contractors can gain from this situation though.
          Last edited by swamp; 30 December 2009, 12:37.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

you need to get a broader skill set

I am sick to death of people in IT compartmentalising them selves.

BA's are my current bug bear - they do not seem to understand that if the business needs something analysising it falls to the Business Analyst - just because it may not be their area of expertise or within a system they are comfortable with they spit their dummy out.

more people in IT need to get off their asses, got out of their boxes and get with the fu<ing program.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              I find many businesses now have a disdain for IT, even a hatred sometimes. This comes from the fact they have consistently fscked it up in the past, and now they are just sick of it (IT).

What are these businesses ? 15 people startups pinching every pence ?

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post

I have to agree - before I was working where I am now they had an absolutely disgraceful service from their IS team.

And you know a lot of it stemmed from lazy people thinking they were clever and trying to bamboozle the business so they could get away with doing fe< all.

A lot of the problems with IT nowadays have been caused by people within IT.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  you need to get a broader skill set

I am sick to death of people in IT compartmentalising them selves.

BA's are my current bug bear - they do not seem to understand that if the business needs something analysising it falls to the Business Analyst - just because it may not be their area of expertise or within a system they are comfortable with they spit their dummy out.

more people in IT need to get off their asses, got out of their boxes and get with the fu<ing program.
                  Havign worked as a BA in the past I can't understand why they can't familiarise themselves with said system and then get on with it. No one is an expert in everything.....

Problem is IT is so compartmentalised that you often get people working against one another within an IT department. Which in the end gives the business side of things the wrong impression. As a project manager its a bitch to explain why your project is going t!ts up, because manager a isn't playing ball and the BA is having a hissy fit and the offshore team have mucked up yet again, so the onshore developer is having to redo the work, because the offshore testers didn't test things properly and UAT found loads of bugs the offshore testers should have sorted out in the first place.

Fun and games!
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    Then best get out of this stupid industry

Any ideas? I am still 26 but I can see that IT is going nowhere.
                    If you've got a degree you can do a conversion course to eventually become a silk.

There are very few legal people with even a passing knowledge of IT.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X