• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE Recovery letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAYE Recovery letters

Hi

I'm in the process of closing down a previous limited company and now working with a business partner in a new company.

I've just received two letters (one to each company) asking for overdue PAYE payments. I know the new company is up to date. I think the problem is the accountants for the old one may not have properly unregistered for PAYE.

My worry is why the two have now been linked and does this signal the start of some sort of investigation (which would obviously be an unwanted hassle)?

I've got a phone number to call but both accountants are on holiday at the moment. Any advice please

give the PAYE people a call - they are always helpful to me.

On saying that, I did get a second letter from them for missing PAYE. I managed to screw up their system by paying the money too soon and their system allocated the payment to the prior quarter - so I was flagged as not paying thus quarters.

It took two sets of calls to get them to allocate the money to the correct period.
    Twitter: jonsmile

Comment

Originally posted by Limited View Post
      Hi

I'm in the process of closing down a previous limited company and now working with a business partner in a new company.

I've just received two letters (one to each company) asking for overdue PAYE payments. I know the new company is up to date. I think the problem is the accountants for the old one may not have properly unregistered for PAYE.

My worry is why the two have now been linked and does this signal the start of some sort of investigation (which would obviously be an unwanted hassle)?

I've got a phone number to call but both accountants are on holiday at the moment. Any advice please

More likley you've not send them a zero return for your quarterly payments.

Comment

Working...
      X