• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would You Buy A Flat Above A Dentist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would You Buy A Flat Above A Dentist

So I am priced out of buying a flat in London at the moment - I have a budget of £120,000 and do not want to take a mortgage out

I ve seen a flat above a dentist being sold - From what I gather getting a mortgage on a flat above shops is difficult but possible (so selling it later might be tricky)

However has anyone looked closely at buying above comercial premises??

Apart from the remortgage problem what else needs to be considered?

What does the panel here think?

Do you have alot of tooth work that needs doing?

Can you hear the sound of drilling from downstairs?

Comment

Shouldn't be too much trouble - restaurants are a big no no, as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Nope wouldn't touch it the reason in your case is parking problems.

Other shops you have the problem that they could be changed to have food use, and if that food shop sells fast food you would get no rest.

Though if I was planning on BTL then then having a fast food shop underneath could be a bonus.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

When you are at home during the week (holidays / sick / benched) and on Saturdays and occasionally at random times during the night you will hear a almost continuous

fzzzzzffzzzzzzzzzzfffffzzzzzzzz

of the drill and

Aaarrrrrgggghghhhhh!!

of the patient. If you listen closely, you will hear the sobbing too.
          If you read the best 3 books in any subject, you'll be in the top 5% of experts in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty View Post
            When you are at home during the week (holidays / sick / benched) and on Saturdays and occasionally at random times during the night you will hear a almost continuous

fzzzzzffzzzzzzzzzzfffffzzzzzzzz

of the drill and

Aaarrrrrgggghghhhhh!!

of the patient. If you listen closely, you will hear the sobbing too.
            Good point - make sure it's a private practice, not NHS.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Do you have alot of tooth work that needs doing?

Can you hear the sound of screaming from downstairs?
              FTFY

Honestly! I wouldn't touch a flat above a commercial premises. I bought one for letting and it took me several years to get rid of it.
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                FTFY

Honestly! I wouldn't touch a flat above a commercial premises. I bought one for letting and it took me several years to get rid of it.
                Just help me understand this - Why did it take so long to sell?

What exactly did you not like about this?

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
                  Just help me understand this - Why did it take so long to sell?

What exactly did you not like about this?
                  Must have had 150 people look at it. It was a nice property in centre of Newport S Wales. No parking close by. Busy area at night. Tenants didn't stay long because of this and the fact that the shop below opened at 8:00 am every morning and the staff usually got there at around 7 am.
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Saw V, at a dentist near you...
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X