• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That new Star trek

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That new Star trek

What was all the fuss about?

Special effects 10 - can't really fault the effects.
    Story 5 at best - no better than the worst instalment, possibly the weakest story yet.
    Acting 5 at best, I found it pretty wooden, twee and overly self acknowledging. Apart from the new spock who was OK. Simon Pegg what possessed you? The guy playing Kirk was an extremely annoying, unlikeable and bad actor, best suited to some T4 teen soap. The same applies to the moron playing uhura.

Overall 6/10, must do better
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 1 January 2010, 19:54.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Give us a clue - what was it called?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Give us a clue - what was it called?
      Susan.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Overall 9.5/10, almost perfect
        FTFY

Comment

I bet Bagpuss is a real 'trekkie' ...they all hate it.

Being a normal person I loved it.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

I really enjoyed it. Thought it really revitalised what had become stale.

Though Simon Pegg was a tad overkill. Hopefully he'll calm it down for the next one. The original Scottie was very subtle comedy.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

No, just think the acting was better in the other versions. Sci Fi now seems to have to be Beverley Hills 90218 in space.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                No, just think the acting was better in the other versions. Sci Fi now seems to have to be Beverley Hills 90218 in space.
                Most films seem to be filled with over gymmed model types who can't act for toffee and also a re-hash of what's already been done in the past.

I'm sure we're all really looking forward to clash of the titans mark II
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Are you talking about the "new" Star Trek film that came out in May of last year?

KUTB, purlease.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...er-thread.html
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Star Trek in general is tulip compared to proper stuff like Babylon 5.

Given that axiom it is should not come as a surprise that new movie is also tulip.

Not even (supposed) presence of guns can make it good movie.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X