• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heroic Cartoonists.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heroic Cartoonists.

How come the hero gets to go in his panic room whilst leaving the child outside?

And how come the Somali scum is there in the first place?

And how come the Somali scum is still breathing with just two bullet holes in him?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8437433.stm

Shot in the knee & the shoulder.

Wot? Not centre of mass?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8437652.stm

"Carried into court on a stretcher".

Wot? Couldn't he fecking hop then?

9 years:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...artoonist.html

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...0Geele&f=false
    Last edited by zeitghost; 3 April 2017, 10:32.

As i read it, him, his wife and the little girl were in the panic room with the guy trying to batter the door down.

Originally posted by BBC
    The BBC's Malcolm Brabant, who interviewed Mr Westergaard when he emerged from hiding, says the incident will raise questions about security measures put in place by the Danish secret service to protect the artist.
    Sounds like they did a good job to me, they turned up, entered the house and shot him. Can't ask better than that?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Er. I didn't post that by the way, in case anyone gets me confused with the namby pamby liberal lovies at the BBC.

I could sue for libel or something.

Or is it slander?

Anyway, why's the scumbag still breathing?
      Yup, sorry, i clicked the quote button on your post to generate the quote tags and inadvertently made you spokesman for the BBC!

Agree, shame he didn't get one between the eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
        Yup, sorry, i clicked the quote button on your post to generate the quote tags and inadvertently made you spokesman for the BBC!

Agree, shame he didn't get one between the eyes.
        He might be useful.

James Bond is always getting told off for killing everyone before they could be interrogated.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          How come the hero gets to go in his panic room whilst leaving the child outside?

And how come the Somali scum is there in the first place?

And how come the Somali scum is still breathing with just two bullet holes in him?
          Two rounds, two hits. Pretty good shots actually as the guy was waving an axe and machete. I would imagine the Police officer couldn't sort of stand-off and take his sweet time to aim.

There again they had to knock the story of an expected 10000 redundancies in Denmark, which is a pretty huge number in a country of 4mil, off the front pages one way or t'other.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            Two rounds, two hits. Pretty good shots actually as the guy was waving an axe and machete. I would imagine the Police officer couldn't sort of stand-off and take his sweet time to aim.
            British Police are trained to aim for head and chest and basically shoot to kill, not shoot to wound (just ask Jean Charles de Menezes).

If the dutch had similar training and SOPs, hitting him in the leg was piss poor shooting.

Comment

Why is it one religion gets up in arms about a stupid cartoon and every other religion is happy for one another to take the mick and laughs it off.

How many times do you see cartoons in the paper taking the p!ss out of the pope/god/ jesus (insert religious icon here) and no one bats an eyelid.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                If the dutch had similar training and SOPs, hitting him in the leg was piss poor shooting.
                Although given that the Dutch were having to shoot somebody about 200 miles away in Denmark, they didn't do too badly

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  How many times do you see cartoons in the paper taking the p!ss out of the pope/god/ jesus (insert religious icon here) and no one bats an eyelid.
                  Absolutely. You'd never see Christians protesting and picketing cinemas over such things as say, The Life of Brian.

There are plenty who do protest, they just don't get as much media coverage. It must be fun to work in the media and write stories like "Look at the mad Moslems complaining over a silly joke picture" knowing full well that is is highly offensive.

You try publicly having a go at Popery and iconism in the Catholic Church in the High Street and see how long it takes before you get a punch in the gob. But it won't even appear in the local paper.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Even to the extent that is true RC, rowdy picketing or punching the culprit in the gob is hardly comparable to fatal attacks on anyone of the same faith who happens to be handy.

So Catholics have killed 15, injured hundreds and destroyed mosque/temples over an insult to the pope have they? As you say, funny we never heard about it.

Where Islam is concerned you and too many others live in a world where reality does not penetrate.

Here is the BBC's coverage just to remind you:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4688602.stm
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 2 January 2010, 15:55.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X