• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you all enjoy your hols??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you all enjoy your hols??

Hi, I'm back having had a couple of weeks off enjoying simple things, like eating, cooking, watching the box, visiting family.. oh yeah and drinking too
    Had a great time - and am looking forward to MMX and a new contract

Did everyone else enjoy the festive season?
    Have the poll winners been announced?
    Who got the first post of the year?

BTW REALLY snowing in Manchester again.
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Welcome back Pogle.

Here's the post you're looking for maybe?

Looks like your 2010 is off to a great start. I'm still a little delicate to think about whether I enjoyed the last few days.
    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

Yes, enjoyed every damn minute of it. Half my time in Manchester, the other half in London. Thinking of doing it all again next year!

Nomadd
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Hiya Pogle

Had a lovely time thanks
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
          Yes, enjoyed every damn minute of it. Half my time in Manchester, the other half in London. Thinking of doing it all again next year!

Nomadd
          Nomadd, you don't need to sign every post. If you notice, your name appears in blue to the left.

HTH, Nomadd.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I really enjoyed Christmas for the first time in 10 years!! Having an excited 2 year old makes a big difference.

How long can one go on drinking 2 pints of beer and half a bottle of wine every night? I've been doing it since the 23rd and don't fancy stopping just yet.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Rubbish this year for me.
              Fell over before Christmas and still in pain, can`t walk far, must book doccy appointment Monday.
              Had diarrhea just before Christmas which seemed to develop into cold or flu(probably cold if I`m honest), and still not well now. Boxing day was spent on the lavatory because despite not being wel Christmas day I ate me lunch

So spent Christmas in nice part of the country but been stuck indoors unwell and in pain

Fed up

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                It's mostly been crap with sick elderly relatives etc.

Then again, it resembles closely the rest of my existence, so nothing new there then.

There were a few nice bits when my niece, nephew, sister & brother in law appeared, but that was more or less it.

Ho hum.
                Damn, you have elderly relatives... Are they connected to the grid to keep them moving or somat?
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  Hi, I'm back having had a couple of weeks off enjoying simple things, like eating, cooking, watching the box, visiting family.. oh yeah and drinking too
                  Had a great time - and am looking forward to MMX and a new contract

Have the poll winners been announced?
                  Who got the first post of the year?

Lovely ta, did you get some nice pressies?

I am currently still trying to recover from my NYE party which was brill, but has left my hallway carpet ruined, a handmade bowl still stinking of black sambuca, and a huge unexplained carpet burn on my forehead. Good times.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Lovely ta, did you get some nice pressies?

I am currently still trying to recover from my NYE party which was brill, but has left my hallway carpet ruined, a handmade bowl still stinking of black sambuca, and a huge unexplained carpet burn on my forehead. Good times.
                    Top girl!
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X