• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recording a telephone call

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recording a telephone call

I wonder if anyone knows of the best way for me to record a telephone conversation ?

Hi Sandy, It depends on which phone - if its a mobile some have a function built in, if it is a standard hard phone, and you need quick and dirty just strap a mic onto the handset and get your PC to record it. - does this help I hope so!
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

take a look here....

http://www.retellrecorders.co.uk/
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

thanks n5, will look into my handsets and see if I have the funtion?? btw I have a Sharp GX30 and a motorolla razor?? anyone knows??

Comment

Also worth noting - You must tell the person that the call is being recorded. Failing to do so results in it being void is any legal sense.
          Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by wc2
            Also worth noting - You must tell the person that the call is being recorded. Failing to do so results in it being void is any legal sense.

that's ok am not going to use is in a legal sense - just recording what discussed in the conference call for future reference

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
              I have ...... a motorolla razor...
              I bet you have Sandy. Great for getting rid of that early morning stubble. Very important when you're a real lady!

Comment

Wrong

http://www.swarb.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=305

Courts have been known to allow secretly recorded conversations to be used - whether actually listened to by the court or not.
                Chico, what time is it?

Comment

As long as one person involved in the call knows it is being recorded that is fine, it is when the call is being recorded by someone outside the conversation ie tapping that it is illegal.

Try http://www.spystoreuk.com/contact.html for all your spy gear.

Comment

Working...
                  X