• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tempted by a car….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tempted by a car….

This is the perfect time of year to be looking at convertibles.

Got an offer for one if I want it on Ebay – MX5 automatic for only £1100. This ia a special edition with tan leather and wood interior. The guy just wants a quick sale.

Mark 1, but in absolutely mint condition, only been imported from Japan from 2006, so absolutely no rust at all. Low miles (75K) and has ABS brakes. L plate, 1993 so a lot safer than the pre-1993 which had no ABS.

Given that I could instantly sell for £1500 in the summer, possibly more I am very tempted…….

Only snag is I would need to get a 5am train from Cheshire to Bath to collect on Saturday morning, which is a pain………

Would this be a very sad hobby, or would this be a laugh? Cannot decide, but, this is a true bargain of a car, if I want to get it………

This would be a second hobby car, not a daily hack. But, in the summer could be a pleasant change for the odd commute.

Oh FFS

You own one

But are still thinking of getting an mx5

Apparently you own another one

my mistake, still thinking

Thinking again

and now this.

Menelaus? Or just similar issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Mark 1, but in absolutely mint condition, only been imported from Japan from 2006, so absolutely no rust at all.
      They've abolished rust in Japan?? What a great idea! Why don't we do that here?
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        they havnt abolished it, they just cant pronounce it ploperly.
        Car in velly good condition, velly leliable, lust flee
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          they havnt abolished it, they just cant pronounce it ploperly.
          Car in velly good condition, velly leliable, lust flee
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Oh FFS

You own one

Thinking again

and now this.

He bought the MX5 TARDIS version last year in May 2011.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              They don't salt the roads there. You could try that here, it might not make a difference since they're usually so slow to do it after a snowfall anyway, but the driving skills here leave a lot to be desired.
              Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                Got an offer for one if I want it on Ebay – MX5 automatic for only £1100. This ia a special edition with tan leather and wood interior. The guy just wants a quick sale.
                Nooooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Oh FFS

You own one

Thinking again

and now this.

Busted! Wonder what the point of this is?
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Busted! Wonder what the point of this is?

He is even sadder than we think he is.

Comment

Working...
                    X