• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problems with the economy are just starting ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with the economy are just starting ...

As the PIGS are in deep tulipe (unemployment in Spain is at depression levels - 20% and Greece is effectively bust), what will the Germans do as they move out of recession? Because a growing economy needs a different policy to one in the doldrums e.g. you cannot keep interest rates low.
    Italy and the like used to devalue and inflate in past situations like this but cannot now - they have to make the hard decision to stick with austerity.
    Its going to be interesting.
    Meanwhile in the UK whatever government is elected in May will have to make swingeing cuts so expect unemployment (in the public sector) to be massively increased, house prices to fall drastically and the postponed recession to take hold.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Can we expect you to stop posting such economic tulip on CUK this year?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      As the PIGS are in deep tulipe (unemployment in Spain is at depression levels - 20% and Greece is effectively bust), what will the Germans do as they move out of recession? Because a growing economy needs a different policy to one in the doldrums e.g. you cannot keep interest rates low.
      Italy and the like used to devalue and inflate in past situations like this but cannot now - they have to make the hard decision to stick with austerity.
      Meanwhile in the UK whatever government is elected in May will have to make swingeing cuts so expect unemployment (in the public sector) to be massively increased, house prices to fall drastically and the postponed recession to take hold.
      I agree, but I have a strong belief that this will be a good year for good contractors. Due to the prolonged freeze on head count
      Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Can we expect you to stop posting such economic tulip on CUK this year?
        Shut it, junior.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just waiting for Greece to default. Should set the cat amongst the pigeons. Also if China remove the dollor peg ....

All to play for.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Agreed sasguru. About the deep tulip that is.

Comment

Unemployment in the public sector = more unemployment in the private sector
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I think the real problems will start 2011. My current (public sector) client plans massive cuts, though contractors like me are still much cheaper than the alternative.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Unemployment in the public sector = more unemployment in the private sector
                  Agreed. Bad news all round
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Agreed. Bad news all round
                    But at least we can hope that you personally will do well in this crisis and will ride the wave to success in owning a few streets full of bedsits in London?

Comment

Working...
                    X