• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My spider gave me hairy eyes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My spider gave me hairy eyes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8436004.stm

Oooooer, Mrs.

"People who don't do the most trivial bit of research before keeping nasty predators as pets, get injured" says Fred down the pub.
    He must be the only twat in the world who hasn't seen a tarantula fire arse hairs in self defence on a natural history programme.

In other predictable news stories:

Fish fancier wonders why leg mysterously fell off when swimming with pet sharks. "I think it was aliens."
    Flea circus owner blames flourine in tap water for red spots on skin. "It's a government cover-up."
    Pit bull terrier breeder still wondering where child went. "I reckon circus people stole my baby."
    If you read the best 3 books in any subject, you'll be in the top 5% of experts in the world.

Comment

First i've heard of it as well

But then I'm sensible enough to keep tarantulas more than 15-20 cm from my face

The authors said the spider was about 15 to 20 cm from his eye.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I've never seen that. Probably coz I gave up watching wildlife programmes yonks ago.
        But would you decide to invest in a carnivorous, poisonous, hunting animal then stick your head in its tank / cage / vivarium while the territorial predator was still in there?

Any sensible person would have got a book from the library, asked a few basic questions in Killer Pets 'R' Us, or Googled it.

(Or made sure there were no diamonds just lying around.)
        If you read the best 3 books in any subject, you'll be in the top 5% of experts in the world.

Comment

I've never seen that.

Probably coz I gave up watching wildlife programmes yonks ago.
          Me too. Well I never. Well I did a few times, but that's another story.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Well i'm witholding my NHS money from anyone stupid enough to keep a ruddy great hairy spider in their lounge for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty View Post
              He must be the only twat in the world who hasn't seen a tarantula fire arse hairs in self defence on a natural history programme.

In other predictable news stories:
              Not dissimilar to an old lady who took her cat to the vet because it was putting on weight. (True story by a vet)
              She’s pregnant said the vet.
              Not possible said the woman, she doesn’t leave the house.
              Are there any other cats in the house asked the vet?
              Only her brother she replied.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Not dissimilar to an old lady who took her cat to the vet because it was putting on weight. (True story by a vet)
                She’s pregnant said the vet.
                Not possible said the woman, she doesn’t leave the house.
                Are there any other cats in the house asked the vet?
                Only her brother she replied.
                Was she Welsh by any chance?
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty View Post
                  Any sensible person would have got a book from the library, and stoved the creepy beggar's head in. (Whilst wearing eye protection of course)
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Though I see that more recently he's found himself something oriental & exotic. .
                    Lynn Bowles?

Comment

Working...
                    X