• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scary motorway incident

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scary motorway incident

I was on the motorway this afternoon, keeping pace (and a fast pace at that) with lane 3.

Idiot car behind (large and new Beamer / Audi type car) is right behind me flashing lights and waving hands.

I go to move to lane 2, but another idiot behind Mr Angry undertakes us both in lane 2, meaning I had to brake and regain control in lane 3.

I wait for this guy to complete undertaking, then move into lane 2.

The first idiot then zooms past, before braking agressively with no reason to stay level with me, as I am driving a lot more slowly than his ideal speed of 100+mph.

Cannot swear to it, but, because he then sharply left the motorway to the hard shoulder with the car behind him, it appears that he braked so sharply that the guy behind him crashed into his rear!

Think I need a stiff drink.

You meet a lot of those kind of drivers then Wilmslow?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

He's making it up, again.

Comment

Wilmsloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow....

'Think I need a stiff drink.'

mate, focus on this year's goal, forget everything else and get thy a woman

anything else is a distraction from the goal

Milan.

Comment

I met a complete tit on the M62 on my way back from Liverpool airport on my way from for Christmas. He was driving a merc so obviously has the full right of way over every car on the road. He showed this by cutting me up the car in front of me as the lanes on the sliproad merged. The part of the motorway we were joining was 3 lanes wide and I could see that it was pretty clear exect for a car approaching fast in lane 3. We all went into lane 1, the merc, the car he cut up and me. The car he cut up was going slowly so I immediately indicated and went into the empty second lane. I then accelerated and as I got to the Mercs back door (blind spot) he started indicating and moving into my lane. The car in 3 was next to me by this stage so I could not move over. I pressed my horn to let him know that I was there and he pulled back in - I was then treated to him sitting on my bumper and flashing his lights because I'd dared to use the lane that he had the god given right of way over. He then got into lane 3 and overttok me and then slammed the brakes on in front of me. Shame I didn't let the fooker run into my front wing - his new Merc would be worth more than my 4 year old Mondeo!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

What is it with these guys??

Sadly there are never police around when you need them.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              but another idiot behind Mr Angry undertakes us both in lane 2.
              If there was space in lane 2 to be undertaken then you should have been in lane 2 (I would actually put money on lane 1 being empty as well) as you clearly aren't overtaking anything.

Motorways would run a lot smoother and quicker if drivers knew how to use lanes 1-3 properly rather than just hanging around in the wrong lane for no other reason than laziness
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

What is it with these guys??
                Careful cojak. My most recent incidents have been with members of the fairer sex who have felt that "women first" is a rule of the highway code. I kid you not because one of the said women actually wound down her window and told me so in no uncertain terms.

Comment

I just love the ones who think that entering lane 1 of a motorway from a slip road and signalling to enter lane 2 means they can completely ignore the traffic in lane 2, regardless of how fast it is going and whether there is room in lane 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    If there was space in lane 2 to be undertaken then you should have been in lane 2 (I would actually put money on lane 1 being empty as well) as you clearly aren't overtaking anything.

Motorways would run a lot smoother and quicker if drivers knew how to use lanes 1-3 properly rather than just hanging around in the wrong lane for no other reason than laziness
                    No kidding, as someone who has to suffer the UK roads a lot I hate the way that many people won't use all 3 lanes. In effect these lazy morons turn a 3+ lane road into 1 or 2 lanes.

We drive on the left in this country, people who stick in the middle and outside lanes when they're not actively overtaking should be strung up from the lamp posts with piano wire.

Comment

Working...
                    X