• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halfords

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halfords

£3.99 to fit 2 new head lamp bulbs
    A service I would gladly have paid £20 for tonight
    Coffee's for closers

Next time, buy a classic Jag.

Every bulb is an individual bulb and available anywhere for about 50p and take seconds to change with no tools.

HTH
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Every bulb is an individual bulb and available anywhere for about 50p and take seconds to change with no tools.

HTH
      Ever changed the headlight bulbs on an E-Type?

Comment

I'd have done it for £20.

I've also had to phone the AA and say "both my headlight bulbs have gone and it's dark". And they come and fit them for free.
        Last edited by VectraMan; 5 January 2010, 21:10.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Ive always used Halfords to stock up before embarking on my trans-European travels and have found them good value, though have not used their services just as a shopper.

PZZ

Comment

At our halfords they have the posters up advertising that they fit items but each time I have asked they have refused! Don't bother with them now
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Ford Orion

I keep a complete set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment. The only one that's a bit tricky to get to is the side repeater for the indicator

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                At our halfords they have the posters up advertising that they fit items but each time I have asked they have refused! Don't bother with them now
                They are rumoured to refuse on some vehicles because it's too hard for them.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  They are rumoured to refuse on some vehicles because it's too hard for them.
                  Yep, they did that with my Vectra.

Apparently removing the filler neck for the washer fluid bottle to get to the bulb was beyond their capabilities
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    £3.99 to fit 2 new head lamp bulbs
                    A service I would gladly have paid £20 for tonight
                    Bulbs? Head Lamp Bulbs? HID is for conractors.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X