• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Star Wars Facebook Status Updates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Facebook Status Updates

Pretty fn funny:

http://www.collegehumor.com/article:1794889
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Any snaw falling in place where you are now snow?

Comment

Snaw is falling about laughing by the sound of it
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The weird thing is that, having never seen Star Wars (I tried to watch it once but it was rubbish, and I finally lost interest when they had those two robots not actually having a conversation in some desert), I still recognised some of the references

Too much time on Slashdot, I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

(although I'm starting to feel old, with not understanding half the acronyms people use on facebork. FML? FTW? I can guess, though)

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post

(although I'm starting to feel old, with not understanding half the acronyms people use on facebork. FML? FTW? I can guess, though)
            FTW = For The Win? WTF does that mean?
            Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
              FTW = For The Win? WTF does that mean?
              "For The Win."

An enthusiastic emphasis to the end of a comment, message, or post. Sometimes genuine, but often sarcastic.

Originated from the game show Hollywood Squares where the result of the player's response is expected to win the game.
              Bob: Your 1up t-shirt rocks
              Sally: 1up t-shirts ftw.
              I heard this a lot in World of Warcraft, and it was a rallying cry to battle against the Alliance players before storming a battleground.

I've NEVER seen or heard FTW used sarcastically by anybody, even by WIRED type meme heads.

We also used FTL (For The Lose) if we got beaten and had to retreat and lick our wounds.

Hence, you can use :

Can you recommend any good films lately ?
              Yes, Avatar FTW.

What do you think of Gordon Brown ?
              Gordon FTL.

HTH
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                ...having never seen Star Wars...
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Thanks BGG!

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    Thanks BGG!
                    A pleasure matey.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X