• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rat almost ran up my trouser leg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rat almost ran up my trouser leg

Went outside to put some bags in the bin, and a couple of rats scampered past. One brushed past my ankle so close its paw landed in my trouser turn up and it had to shake it loose with some difficulty and much squeeking before escaping!

Little do they know I have bought a stack of ten rat traps, ready for action, and the extermination campaign starts tomorrow!

Why can't I be overrun with squirrels instead, like AtW?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Rats and bins...

When living in a flat a few years ago, I went to put some full bin bags into the bin area. Opened the door, stepped forward and dropped the bags in.
    At the same time I had the horrible feeling of stepping on to what I thought was some loose rubbish, like a soggy stale baguette, untill what ever I stepped on started squirming.
    Looked down and it was a rat, which managed to drag itself off to it's hole before I regained any sort of composure
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I like rats - very intelligent and affectionate creatures.

I've also dissected a few in my time ...
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          In the interests of science AtW. I haven't always been a shallow software eng.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I haven't always been a shallow software eng.

Just don't dissect my cute fluffy squirrels

Comment

WSS

A Level Biology - sometimes it was a rat, sometimes a dogfish. Dogfish are foul; they often split their own guts open struggling in the net so, when you make the first abdominal incisions and get into the abdominal cavity, it's full of half-digested-whatever-dogfish-eat and vast numbers of nematode worms which live predominantly in the gut... although they apparently also infest the muscle of the fish

To this day, I would never order Rock Salmon in a chip shop

You generally knew where you stood with rats, although one lucky chap got a female that was pregnant - the Biology teacher (one of the best teachers I ever had) was most excited by that and gathered us all round this chap's dissection board so we could see the little half-developed ratlets

I don't think the dissection specimens are supposed to be pregnant though - presumably somebody in the lab where they were bred screwed up.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                You generally knew where you stood with rats, although one lucky chap got a female that was pregnant - the Biology teacher (one of the best teachers I ever had) was most excited by that and gathered us all round this chap's dissection board so we could see the little half-developed ratlets
                This is so

Somewhere in parallel reality rats are probably dissecting humans. I bet the former refers to the latter as pests there

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  WSS

A Level Biology - sometimes it was a rat, sometimes a dogfish. Dogfish are foul; they often split their own guts open struggling in the net so, when you make the first abdominal incisions and get into the abdominal cavity, it's full of half-digested-whatever-dogfish-eat and vast numbers of nematode worms which live predominantly in the gut... although they apparently also infest the muscle of the fish

To this day, I would never order Rock Salmon in a chip shop

I don't think the dissection specimens are supposed to be pregnant though - presumably somebody in the lab where they were bred screwed up.
                  One of my cohort got a pregnant rat and it was awful. I'd just got over the having to cut them up thing too (actually, nailing them down was the worst bit because you had to break their shoulders - they were long dead by this point). I happily chopped up a variety of non mammals though.
                  I passed on A level Zoology cos you had to dissect a kitten. I just couldn't - stupid bugger.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Oh yeah - squirrels are safe with me AtW
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points