• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I forgot my homemade Mince Pie today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot my homemade Mince Pie today

Deep filled with Duchee of Cornwall Mince filling.

I enjoy with my 10AM coffee

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

You didn't make the filling? Shocking! How about the brandy butter?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
      You didn't make the filling? Shocking! How about the brandy butter?
      No we made the mince pies, christmas pub and christmas cake this year, along with Christmas Dinner and Chistmas eve dinner.

Stars were

Ham (Marmalade and Ginger : BBC)
      Christmas Cake (Lots of Brandy : Mary Berry)
      Christmas Pub (No Suet all butter: Family Recipe)
      Terrine (Belly Pork and Pigs Liver with Brandy and Port: Rick Stein)

Overtime at the gym

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Chuckled at the episode of Bottom where they don't have and brandy or butter so they make vodka margarine.

Comment

That's a thought - I have to use up my last half of mincemeat in the fridge. I might toddle out to get a block of butter to make the season's last batch of mince pies...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
            Chuckled at the episode of Bottom where they don't have and brandy or butter so they make vodka margarine.

I was worried that Mrs BB and my first christmas entertaining would turn into the Royale Family Christmas from last year..

Comment

We did our own christmas pud. No suet either. It didn't half absorb the brandy... must have used half a bottle before it would light.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                No we made the mince pies, christmas pub and christmas cake this year, along with Christmas Dinner and Chistmas eve dinner.

Christmas Pub (No Suet all butter: Family Recipe)
                You have your own Christmas Pub?

Kewl!
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                  Deep filled with Duchee of Cornwall Mince filling.

I enjoy with my 10AM coffee
                  That rather spoils your would-be 'tough biker' image

Comment

Don't blame you. Mince pies are absolutely the best things in the entire world ever.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X