• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vista Print: Experience of CUKers in Business Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista Print: Experience of CUKers in Business Cards

Hi there,

I need to change my cards. What are Vistaprint like, I will be paying as I want the company logo on the card.....

Stories of your experiences with the company would be appreciated
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

I've used them in the past without any problems but there are numerous reports of a scam associated with them;

Linky

I think you need to carefully read all the dialogues as you work through the ordering process and NOT agree to be part of the rewards scheme.

Googling VistaPrint scam brings up a lot of links.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
      Hi there,

I need to change my cards. What are Vistaprint like, I will be paying as I want the company logo on the card.....

Stories of your experiences with the company would be appreciated
      There have been issues with this company in the past. I have no idea if their ways have been mended, but I'd steer well clear.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ght=Vistaprint

Comment

I use www.moo.com

Lovely shiny finish. Impresses hair gelled body merchants.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I've had no problems at all, not even seen the scam.

When ordering cards the premium ones are better quality the normal ones are 'thin'.
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Very Good

I ordered cards from them, very good value, but as another person said get the decent quality cards.
            Also, on your account, ensure you deselect everything, or you'll be getting untold emails offereing you other things they have.....

Comment

I've used them in the past.

As others have said, get the premium ones as the normal ones aren't that good. Also, WOHS, don't sign up for anything and be prepared for daily emails to advise you of limited time only VIP special offers.

Comment

Used them as well, more than once. As others have said, get the premium cards, make sure you deselect everything even if it says "free" during the ordering process (this is the "scam" that most talk about) and best to use your spam email account for your details

Comment

Their top quality cards are 'passable'.

Nothing like you'll get from a proper printers. I use http://www.jamjarprint.co.uk/ and the cards were a million times better than the VistaPrint ones they replaced. Real top notch stuff.

Using a proper printer means you will have to get the artwork professionally produced though with all the crop/bleed marks etc on there but it makes better sense to do that anyway in the long run.
                  Last edited by Durbs; 6 January 2010, 13:26.

Comment

Me too. The wife & I have used them for many years. But you must not choose to participate in the special offer at the end that requires a regular payment from you.

Once you have placed an order, you get an email every day with special offers. (I do, anyway.)

When you place 2nd and subsequent orders, you can usually upgrade the cards to premium cards, plus get free Post-Its, a branded biro and other bits either for free or a couple of quid extra.

Don't bother paying lots for the postage; I used the cheapest option and they usually turn up in about 5 days.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X