• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear...Only 25th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear...Only 25th

TOP 25 PLACES TO LIVE

1. FRANCE
    2. AUSTRALIA
    3. SWITZERLAND
    4. GERMANY
    5. NEW ZEALAND
    6. LUXEMBOURG
    7. UNITED STATES
    8. BELGIUM
    9. CANADA
    10. ITALY
    11. NETHERLANDS
    12. NORWAY
    13. AUSTRIA
    14. LIECHTENSTEIN
    15. MALTA
    16. DENMARK
    17. SPAIN
    18. FINLAND
    19. URUGUAY
    20. HUNGARY
    21. PORTUGAL
    22. LITHUANIA
    23. ANDORRA
    24. CZECH REPUBLIC
    25. UNITED KINGDOM
    Source
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

They don't mention Wales, so their grading system is obviously faulty.

Dragged down to gutter level again by the English including us in the UK catch-all
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Don't sweat it. France came tops FFS!
      And Luxembourg 6th? Come on! A one horse country in need of a new horse!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Is that the France with open sewage channels lining rural roads and poo-ing in holes in the floor.

You can keep yer survey.

Comment

That doesn't explain why people are desparate to cling to the bottom of Eurostar trains to get from country 1 to country 25.

Comment

Germnay the 4th top place to live ?

Maybe - as long as you're German that is !

Belgium no 8 ?

Don't make me laugh !

Comment

Our Western bias

Our sources, staff, and contributing editors are all influenced by a Western bias. We have definite, preconceived ideas about what constitutes a high or low standard of living, what constitutes culture and entertainment, and what climate is the most enjoyable.
              Expensive, long working hours, tulip weather, entertainment??? The UK made it as high as 25?
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                That doesn't explain why people are desparate to cling to the bottom of Eurostar trains to get from country 1 to country 25.
                They're not French and the French won't give them handouts but country 25 will, gladly
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Here are my choices by type:

A) Germanic
                  Germany
                  Austria
                  Switzerland

B) Club Med
                  Italy
                  Spain
                  Portugal

C) New World Latin
                  Chile
                  Ecuador
                  Brazil
                  Argentina
                  Uruguay

D) The Dominions
                  Canada
                  Australia
                  New Zealand

I'd live in any of them, but my partner is really keen on only one of them so I guess that's my exit plan fixed.
                  Step outside posh boy

Comment

I'm aiming for no.11 this year.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X