• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Borris Given Front Bench Job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borris Given Front Bench Job

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4514866.stm
    Boris Johnson has been made shadow minister for higher education by new Conservative leader David Cameron.
    The MP had suggested he would be willing to give up his job as editor of The Spectator magazine so he could return to the Tory frontbench.

Mr Johnson previously served as shadow arts minister but was sacked by former leader Michael Howard.

The colourful Old Etonian MP for Henley is well-known for his performances on BBC Two's Have I Got News For You.
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

I wish I could do two jobs in the time allocated for one and receive two salaries. Nice. How do they get away with it ...

Fungus.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
      I wish I could do two jobs in the time allocated for one and receive two salaries. Nice. How do they get away with it ...

Fungus.
      There's nothing wrong with MPs moonlighting. In fact, IMHO, every MP _should_ have a proper job, actively pursued, as well as being an MP, as this might curtail their neurotic compulsion to be seen as "doing something" all the time, and constantly fecking up everything in the process.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
        There's nothing wrong with MPs moonlighting. In fact, IMHO, every MP _should_ have a proper job, actively pursued, as well as being an MP, as this might curtail their neurotic compulsion to be seen as "doing something" all the time, and constantly fecking up everything in the process.
        Maybe we should pay them to stay away from the Commons.

But I don't agree. They also have a massive pension entitlement which they recently voted to increase.

Fungus.

Comment

Fair enough. If it hadn't been for the support of BJ's Spectator, DC wouldn't have done half as well with the membership.

Comment

What is a "shadow minister for higher education"? We've never had one of those before, have we?

I'm trying to imagine whether Boris would be a good one.

Comment

Should that not be the "shadow minister for the higher educated"?

or "shadow minister for them wot can understand long words"?

or "shadow minister for them that didn't vote for the new lie"?
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Interesting to note Boris is part Turkish, his grandad served in the offices of the last Ottoman empire!

Comment

Working...
                X