• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ESP and ice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESP and ice

Does your car have ESP? Do you know what this does for you?

In the icy weather, if you're skidding and can't get out your drive, you need to switch it off to get yourself going. Switch it on again when you're on the road.

When it's on, if you skid, you need to ignore all the old wisdom about turning into the skid - keep the wheel pointing the way you're going and ESP takes care of it for you. If you turn into the skid ESP will assume that's the way you really want to go, which it isn't.

Find out about it here.

This I was taught yesterday at a "speed awareness course". Education, not punishment. Nice that it was useful stuff. Except I don't have ESP...

k2p2, do you ever.. hang around the gymnasium?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

"Use the force Luke, let go"
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        k2p2, do you ever.. hang around the gymnasium?
        and do you like watching gladiators
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
        X