• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's -10c here in sunny Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's -10c here in sunny Manchester

Its reading -10 on my Maplins weather station, still a long way to go till we get to the -20 expected up in Scotland though.

I found some strange tracks in the snow in the back garden, not cat or bird. They were like two runnels, a couple of inches apart, eight inches deep, as if something had been dragged though the snow.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Sounds like a mole. Best get the shotgun.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Yep, -14 Celsius here in deepest Cheshire.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

- 9 deg here, thick snow and the roads are a sheet of ice.

If driving today, avoid braking as much as possible and use engine braking to slow yourself.

Just took Mrs D to work and in six miles we witnessed 4 accidents.

2 back-enders 1 spinout on a roundabout and one sideslide up an embankment.

Note: 3 of these were 4x4's and one a Transit van.

Why do people in 4x4's think they are invulnerable. Apart from lorries and vans, they are the worst performing vehicles on the road in icy road conditions?
        Last edited by Diver; 7 January 2010, 08:40. Reason: Tarquin Farquhar is a perfectionist (Pedant)
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Great, I want to get out of bed even less now
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Great, I want to get out of bed even less now
            Go and build a snowman
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Why do people in 4x4's think they are invulnerable. Apart from lorries and vans, they are the worst performing vehicles on the road in icy road conditions?
              Eh? We've got a 4x4 and it's not slipped/skidded an inch yet. It's barely noticed the ice and snow. The only danger taking it out has been all the other idiots spinning and sliding about.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

not sure how cold it is in Leicestershire - but I'm about to wrap up and take DD2 to school. Hat/Scarf/Gloves are already on the radiator

Comment

When I was in the UK over Christmas, I realised that my parents new car had proper all year round tyres on, ie a winter tread. Holds well on snow and ice.

Worth checking your tyres to see if you have a winter tread, i.e. small slits.

I was curious and noticed most newer cars in the Supermarket car park had them but the older ones didn't.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    - 9 deg here, thick snow and the roads are a sheet of ice.

If driving today, avoid braking as much as possible and use engine breaking to slow yourself.
                    Engine breaking? I hope not! Engine braking would be better.
                    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
                    X