• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dr Who taken to task over supposed ginger bashing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Who taken to task over supposed ginger bashing

We're not anti ginger honest says the beeb
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Good job he didn't say "I'm still not black" eh
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Chris Evans for next Doctor Who?

Great if we can get David Tennant on Radio 2 in the mornings instead.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        We're not anti ginger honest says the beeb
        I did laugh at that - knowing that some bunch of gingers would have to make a big song and dance about it. My guess is that it's an 'in' joke to get back at Ann Robinson for her anti-Welsh comment (remember the Dr. Who production team are very Welsh).

Comment

Wonder if Russell Davies would have liked

"Still not a shirt lifter!"
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

When he turned into Tennant, he said "I'm still not ginger, I always wanted to be ginger".

Stupid gingers, always complaining about being persecuted.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Mr P, who is off the titian persuasion, understood the joke and was amused by it, as he remembered that the previous incarnation of the Dr wanted to be 'ginger'.
              However the Tesco christmas cards were offensive.
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                However the Tesco christmas cards were offensive.
                People with a problem with those need to be beaten like a ginger step-child.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  the previous incarnation of the Dr wanted to be 'ginger'.
                  Yeeessshhhh!
                  No wonder they killed him off!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

was that a subtle reference to the ex 'Mr Piper'?

anyway rt Davies had Tennant cavorting with Barrowman so he had his wish.

Surprising we haven't had a Black Dr yet. About time, maybe a Chinese / Indian one as well?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X