• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid permie office parties

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid permie office parties

You are not allowed to have fun!! Why do they call it a party if you can't take any freedom of enjoying it?

Well it was fine until a drunk female manager literally harassed me. I managed to resist a little but you know after several units of alcohol the reflexes tend to become very slow.

Yet everybody was shocked. Why aren't you supposed to behave a little outside the lines during office parties?

Perhaps this is a good time to jump again the bandwagon as contractor. Hopefully not being forced to.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Quite right. We should not just photocopy our bottoms at office parties we should have mad orgies on the photocopier and photocopy huge writhing masses of bottoms and other bits to post on the office walls, that would be my idea of fun.

We were treated to a "thank" you from client this week for getting a big package of work out on time. One lager and buy your own food, thanks a lot, so generous.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

with 15 gallons of best bathtub gin sitting snugly under the eaves of xoggoth towers, i shouldn't have thought you'd have noticed the lager zog ...

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        Well it was fine until a drunk female manager literally harassed me. I managed to resist a little but you know after several units of alcohol the reflexes tend to become very slow.
        Francko, you are obviously permentantly psychologically damaged by this, and I insist that nothing less than a trip to the European Court of Human Rights for your multi-million pound claim.

It's disgusting what happened to you and you have my sympathies, and get off to court Monday!

Comment

We've had a couple of splendid do's with another couple next week. I will have to be a little more sober than the last one tho'. Nothing too out of order but I wasn't able to look a female colleague in the face the next day...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You are not allowed to have fun!! Why do they call it a party if you can't take any freedom of enjoying it?

Yet everybody was shocked. Why aren't you supposed to behave a little outside the lines during office parties?

Perhaps this is a good time to jump again the bandwagon as contractor. Hopefully not being forced to.
            Yes, of course she did... In your dreams my italian friend, in your dreams. Are you so desperate for attention?

Get a life.

If she did, and if you were mature enough, you'd put it down to experience, you certainly wouldn't post it on here. So Jackanorie, tell us another one.

Churchill - In "A gentleman never tells" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
              [...]

Churchill - In "A gentleman never tells" mode!
              Wasn't it you not a long ago talking about that fem manager who wanted to sleep with you?
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Wasn't it you not a long ago talking about that fem manager who wanted to sleep with you?
                Nope, the word "sleep" wasn't mentioned once!

Comment

Working...
                X