• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Returning ex-pat needs work!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning ex-pat needs work!

Hi all -

I left a good IT job the UK 6 years ago to start a new life elsewhere in Europe. I had contracted for a number of years (1995 to 2002) then went permie for a couple of years when times got hard. Now I'm returning to the UK.

I did mainly mainframe A/P work in the financial sector in the north. Full life-cycle type stuff. I guess my development skills are totally rusty but reckon I could still get work as an analyst or tester. I don't need the 'sexy' jobs or the pay-packet that once came my way, just a job, contract or permanent.

I've had NO RESPONSE from the handful of agents I've recently contacted so I'm putting it to those who know. You lot. I've been looking at forums, reading CW on-line, that kind of thing but want to get a feel for what my chances are.

What do you reckon? Mad to try?

Cheers.

Working...
X