• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interviewing for SQL Server Developer/DBA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interviewing for SQL Server Developer/DBA

I am tasked with interviewing for the above.

So far I have received 5 visa holder CVs and 2 UK nationals.

WTF!!!!!!!

I didn't ask for low rates or anything like that, in fact they are costing about the same amount. This is just the agents trying to maximise the margins shocking IMHO!

If you know anyone who is good then drop me a line. Even you Bob Shawadywady.

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

What agents sent the visa ones? Would be interesting to know if any of the big ones are preferring Bob to the locals
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
      I am tasked with interviewing for the above.

So far I have received 5 visa holder CVs and 2 UK nationals.

WTF!!!!!!!

I didn't ask for low rates or anything like that, in fact they are costing about the same amount. This is just the agents trying to maximise the margins shocking IMHO!
      I think you're right about that. I recently got a contract after a long drought. PSL is only 1 agency long. When I came in, the PM commented on how hard it is to find people. Presumably because the agency is not sending anyone forward despite the starving hordes knocking at the door.

I happened <cough> to come across the PM's doc containing notes of contractors interviewed, and indeed over 6 weeks searching there were only 4 candidates, 2 of whom had no real experience at all in the main technical area.
      Step outside posh boy

Comment

BlackenedBiker - PM sent.

Comment

Visa does not allow foreigner to work in the UK but only to enter the country.

To be contractors they need HSMP.

A Work permit is something issued by an employer so if you are told they had a work permit it meant a work permit for some previous employer and this does not allow them to take employment with you.

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
            BlackenedBiker - PM sent.
            And replied, send me that CV!

looking forward to it.
            Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

I've sent it in two parts via PM as I can't see how to attach it. Also your email options are set to off so I cannot mail it to you.

Let me know what you think

Comment

Working...
              X