• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Future's Bright, the Future's Pastel Green

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Future's Bright, the Future's Pastel Green

I just posted this link in Technical, but I think it's deserving of a wider audience

At a conference I attended last year, one of Microsoft's User Experience mavens showed an amazing video produced by MS Office Labs. I couldn't find a decent copy online, but it's finally available in good quality on YouTube, so here it is: Future 2019.

SFW, nearly six minutes long, music soundtrack (no speech), well cool

Don't they already have those on Waking The Dead, and at many other police stations investigating gruesome serial killer murders. And CSI.

Comment

Like the idea of the directions being projected on the ground. Reminds me of Sixth Sense - http://www.ted.com/talks/pranav_mist...echnology.html

Can't wait to update my phone either - want to use Layar.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Like the idea of the directions being projected on the ground. Reminds me of Sixth Sense - http://www.ted.com/talks/pranav_mist...echnology.html
        Awesome stuff

Comment

That is pretty cool. Though the only thing we don't currently have is the display technology, all the other interacting bits of software could be easily done today.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
          X