• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Simulators

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Simulators

Just wasted half an hour in the debugger, trying to work out why I was getting an occasional glitch in a 3D OpenGL animation running in the iPhone simulator.

I finally decided to plug the iPhone in and debug it on that, thinking that a look at the disassembly of the object code might help (it compiles to Intel code for the simulator, ARM code for the actual phone, so simulator disassemblies are no use).

Turns out the glitch only happens in the simulator - on the phone it runs perfectly

Remember, kids: don't debug it until you've seen it fail on the target hardware

You are a right geek Nick

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      You are a right geek Nick

Comment

Do you like watching movies about bloody simulators Nick?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Do you like watching movies about bloody simulators Nick?
          Stop it AtW. Too much irony in one thread already.

Comment

Three times I've seen this thread title.

Three times I have thought dildo + having the decorators in.

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
            X