• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In Scotland, it is known as "winter"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But now that England has been affected by the shocking natural phenomenon called snow, it is known as "FROZEN BRITAIN".

The grit has run out, the Army has been called in, and the supermarket shelves are bare of Hovis.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Oh you are all so hardy north of the border.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...IgWIyqKM-cWZUg
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Where I live it's known as an inconvenience that comes round every year to give the bus driver and council workers an excuse not to work
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Only got to -12 overnight and -9 currently, no big deal.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

You can take your "winter", Brown, Darling, and the rest of it back home to Scotland and keep it there.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            But now that England has been affected by the shocking natural phenomenon called snow, it is known as "FROZEN BRITAIN".

The grit has run out, the Army has been called in, and the supermarket shelves are bare of Hovis.
            This mirrors what happens north of the border when you get a bit of sunshine.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              You can take your "winter", Brown, Darling, and the rest of it back home to Scotland and keep it there.
              WHS +1
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Only got to -12 overnight and -9 currently, no big deal.
                Meanwhile villagers in the Oxfordshire location of Benson cope with -17C

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/ja...st-temperature
                Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I hate all this panic buying!

We went to fill the car and the truck up with food supplies when the snow started, and there was nothing left on the shelves
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

We all know that harsh weather isn't news until it affects the South East of England, it's hardly a revelation.

That being said it's been a couple of decades since the UK as a whole has had any significant snow and in that time we've become far more dependant on road transport so the perceived impact is much higher.

Comment

Working...
                    X