• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Todays entertainment..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todays entertainment..

comes in the form of a very large removal lorry stuck on my road needing to turn up to the cul de sac which is on a very steep and slippery bank...

I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Is it full or empty?

If full, you get to see the very grumpy blokes having to carry the furniture uphill all day.

If empty, you get to see the lorry slide down the hill, skid, turn over and smash, containing a family's entire possessions.

Get that web cam set up now!
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Is it full or empty?

If full, you get to see the very grumpy blokes having to carry the furniture uphill all day.

If empty, you get to see the lorry slide down the hill, skid, turn over and smash, containing a family's entire possessions.

vicky-vercky?

Comment

Is it full or empty?

it's empty, I know this because many burly chaps are now trudging down the hill carrying bulky items and loading he lorry - at least they'll keep warm.
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Is it full or empty?

Er?
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

vicky-vercky?
            Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Er?
            Is it full or empty?

If the lorry is arriving full, then it will not get up the hill. The chaps will have to unload it at the bottom of the hill and carry stuff up. This will make them grumpy.

If the lorry is arriving empty, it will get up the hill eventually. They will fill it but it will, when full, lose control coming down the hill.

What was the problem with that? It's perfectly logical, Shirley?
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
            X