• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Had a big bang last night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a big bang last night

Massive explosions hit fuel depot in Hemel Hempstead

I thought someone was trying to batter their way through the front door, and I live 12 miles away.

Anyone else hear it?

Eyewitness Jonathan Barr, who works next to the depot, told the BBC he was thrown from his chair by the force of his blast.
    I think this could've been worded differently...

Comment

tremor in Banstead

We felt the house move in Banstead this morning at 6am. No sound so I assumed it was a tremor but was too knackered to be too bothered about it. Felt like a van had hit the side of the house!

Comment

I hope this is not an act of terrorism.

I wouldn't put anything past those scumbags.

Comment

Originally posted by messiah

I think you're being rather paranoid. You've been listening to TB again, haven't you? Go on, admit it.

Comment

If so, it wouldn't have happened if we'd had biometric ID cards, 90 day detention without trial, and police marksmen shooting all foreign-looking blokes on sight.

Comment

You're sounding more like Chico every day, are you related?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                Massive explosions hit fuel depot in Hemel Hempstead

I thought someone was trying to batter their way through the front door, and I live 12 miles away.

Anyone else hear it?
                Was in Leighton last night, about 15 miles away. The earth certainly moved for me.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                  Was in Leighton last night, about 15 miles away. The earth certainly moved for me.
                  Leighton Buzzard or Leighton Hewitt?

We can see the smoke from Edlesborough. Luckily for us the wind is blowing it all in the opposite direction.

Wait, I've just heard - we're all saved! John Prescott has visited the scene!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    You're sounding more like Chico every day, are you related?

No I am nor chico I am the reincarnation of 'Sir Richard The Lion Heart' .... these non believers of the true single faith will burn in a hell far worse than they have ignited in Hemel Hempstead.

Comment

Working...
                    X