• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facial Hair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facial Hair

I am growing a beard

http://www.fotosearch.com/bigcomp.as...3/gs284024.jpg

Have gone for this style/look, as my habit of cropping my hair, combined with my size appears to intimidate people (and I now have rather more grey/white in my hair).

I believe that that it will make more approachable and rather more distinguished looking

Cool yes?
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I am growing a beard

http://www.fotosearch.com/bigcomp.as...3/gs284024.jpg

Have gone for this style/look, as my habit of cropping my hair, combined with my size appears to intimidate people (and I now have rather more grey/white in my hair).

I believe that that it will make more approachable and rather more distinguished looking

Cool yes?
    Hell no.

Next!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Hell no.

Next!
      Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Why?
        Am not a fan of the "silver fox" look. Shave the whole lot off is a better way to go imho.

Comment

Seems like more work keeping it trim and picking food/dandruff out of it than clean-shaved and hygenic.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Am not a fan of the "silver fox" look. Shave the whole lot off is a better way to go imho.
            I'm trying to get away from the Bouncer/Thug look

I do actually make some people nervous in face to face meetings.

At the hospital last year, the doctor had two nurses hold my right arm in case I hit him while he was tending to my left hand

Comment

If you look closely, that's actually a man standing behind a fake beard that is suspended by 2 wires from the ceiling. Not saying it's a bad look though.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                If you look closely, that's actually a man standing behind a fake beard that is suspended by 2 wires from the ceiling. Not saying it's a bad look though.

Comment

yup looks cool to me. I've got no intention of having short hair when it goes white.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Seems like more work keeping it trim and picking food/dandruff out of it than clean-shaved and hygenic.
                    Things could be a LOT worse
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X