• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greetings all!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings all!

One has been rather busy of late, and therefore lacking in opportunities to converse with the CUK congregation in the customary manner. My sincere apologies to the ladies and gentlemen of CUK. Pecuniary and commercial business has brought your correspondent to the offices of a purveyor of geographical and cartographical electronic media services in the environs of Amsterdam, where many travails and ´challenges´ had been awaiting me, notably in the validation and assessment of said purveyor´s most excellent products. In a brief interlude, I find myself in the somewhat wintry surroundings of Eindhoven, attending some meetings and enjoying a short break to greet you all in as civilised a manner as Her Majesty´s Empire Wide Web allows.

As I understand from the various electronic news journals, there has been some frozen precipitation of late in the UK and I understand that this has led to some discombobulation among the populace. What on earth is the problem? A little snow can surely not break the British character? Keep calm and carry on is the best advice I can give!

Chin up chaps and chappesses!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    One has been rather busy of late, and therefore lacking in opportunities to converse with the CUK congregation in the customary manner. My sincere apologies to the ladies and gentlemen of CUK. Pecuniary and commercial business has brought your correspondent to the offices of a purveyor of geographical and cartographical electronic media services in the environs of Amsterdam, where many travails and ´challenges´ had been awaiting me, notably in the validation and assessment of said purveyor´s most excellent products. In a brief interlude, I find myself in the somewhat wintry surroundings of Eindhoven, attending some meetings and enjoying a short break to greet you all in as civilised a manner as Her Majesty´s Empire Wide Web allows.

As I understand from the various electronic news journals, there has been some frozen precipitation of late in the UK and I understand that this has led to some discombobulation among the populace. What on earth is the problem? A little snow can surely not break the British character? Keep calm and carry on is the best advice I can give!

F#*%~ off

Seriously

Hi Mich Happy new year.

How's the gig going?
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Hiya Mitch

BTW Christmas avatars came down on Wed..
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry, sir. I'm anispeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation with regard to the bouncebackabilty of the recent perma-snegurichka.

Comment

One has been rather busy of late, and therefore lacking in opportunities to converse with the CUK congregation in the customary manner. My sincere apologies to the ladies and gentlemen of CUK. Pecuniary and commercial business has brought your correspondent to the offices of a purveyor of geographical and cartographical electronic media services in the environs of Amsterdam, where many travails and ´challenges´ had been awaiting me, notably in the validation and assessment of said purveyor´s most excellent products. In a brief interlude, I find myself in the somewhat wintry surroundings of Eindhoven, attending some meetings and enjoying a short break to greet you all in as civilised a manner as Her Britannic Majesty´s Empire Wide Web allows.

Dammit sir, have you been among the natives so long that you cannot remember the simplest of courtesies in referring to our most majestic monarch?
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            Hiya Mitch

BTW Christmas avatars came down on Wed..
            Allow me to express gratitude for this timely reminder of seasonal etiquette!

Tell me, how fares the dear Lady Pogle?

Comment

Lo Mitch

The snow is only harsh in the South of England, Apparently it's only a normal winter up North
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Allow me to express gratitude for this timely reminder of seasonal etiquette!

Tell me, how fares the dear Lady Pogle?
                Why Sir, such interest as to my health humbles me. That such a man of my acquaintance should show genuine concern for one such as myself fair makes me tremble with delight.
                I am Sir, in the most highest of spirits and am the most grateful of my sex for this.
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

welcome back Mich -you were away for so long everyone forgot to vote for you on CUK poster of the year - better luck for 2010!
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    Why Sir, such interest as to my health humbles me. That such a man of my acquaintance should show genuine concern for one such as myself fair makes me tremble with delight.
                    I am Sir, in the most highest of spirits and am the most grateful of my sex for this.
                    Jolly good show! Splendid to take note of your health!

Happily, one has secured a client for one´s services for not inconsiderable pecuniary gain, thus assisting in recovering the Tester estate's finances from the economic woes of the preceding annum. Unfortunately, some fiscal officials are demanding payment of dues to the government of Her Majesty Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, thus ensuring that one must limit consumption of fine Burgundies to the lesser known houses of the Vosne district. Oh for the days that commerce allowed one to dine with civilised company and a good vintage Romanee Conti. Still, mustn´t grumble for one has heard that some unfortunate citizens have been forced by economising measures to consume Antipodean imitations of fine wine.

I shall raise a glass to your good health this evening!

Comment

Working...
                    X