• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New car

Guys,

Im in the market for a second car...but due to global warming that is heaping itself up against my front door Im thinking of something in the 4 wheel drive catagory. I reckon global warming is only going to get worse over the next few years so thought I should prepare myself with a vehicle that can handle white global warming.

Anyways, anyone got thoughts on either the Audi Q5 or BMW X1? Bearing in mind that I only want to destroy a small sub-saharan country with my CO2 output and that Im really not gonna be going across any REAL cross country terrain etc (which rules out full sized man-SUV's).

I had thought about either a Audi A4 Quattro and didnt really want a A6 2.7 Quattro as that might be too big for what I want the vehicle for...plus I want to be able to get it a little dirty with some cross country through the centre of town etc.

Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards

Mailman

Alfa 166, best car I ever had. And I've had 30-odd...

Not 4WD tho - get two then!

Comment

I know you ruled out man sized SUV's but the new Range Rover Sport Supercharged is awesome! It is also seemingly very capable.

You will need to buy a super tanker to fill it though..

Comment

My Morris 1800 eats this snow no problem. Its the salt and cold starts it doesn't like.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by backlight View Post
          I know you ruled out man sized SUV's but the new Range Rover Sport Supercharged is awesome! It is also seemingly very capable.

You will need to buy a super tanker to fill it though..
          WHS

Do you want to buy mine?
          l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Get yourself a pre-2001 (avoiding the new tax bands) big fook-off Range Rover and stop fannying around...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I've just hired an X6 as I have been completely stranded in the 3 series beemer in this northern snow.

X6 is overpriced tulip mind.

I'm looking to get a 4x4 too, but I don't think it will be a BMW or Audi.

Maybe a humble Ford Kuga fully loaded.

Still looking into it.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Alfa 166, best car I ever had.
                I had one of those. Loved it. Quite simply the world's most elegant, graceful looking saloon car, ever. The black leather Momo seats were the best I've ever sat on and almost erotic in their beauty. Shame about the puddle in the rear foot well, the central locking that failed when the temperature got below 5c and the switch that turned the lights on when I wanted to turn them off and turned them off when I wanted to turn them on and spontaneously reversed this functionality at 200 kph on the autobahn at night.

If only Alfas were built by Germans.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Volvo XC70
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Or for lower CO2 and running costs, the XC60.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X