• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1

Means Formula 1 ...

OR

The fault code my Gloworm 18HXI boiler is giving me.

Seemingly caused by an ignition fault. The boiler is situated in the out house and the condensation pipe has frozen solid. This has caused the condensation tank to fill up (nowhere to drain to) and then this has caused the ignition fault.

No sure how. One theory as that condensation is preventing the spark (by shorting the spark ciruit to deck)

Anyone got any ideas?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

I take it you googled this F1
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      I take it you googled this F1
      I have. Googley googley googley I went. That's how I found out what the problem was.

I thought randomly someone on here might suggest how to thaw a plastic pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        I have. Googley googley googley I went. That's how I found out what the problem was.

I thought randomly someone on here might suggest how to thaw a plastic pipe.
        Use a hairdryer?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

or better still more
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Use a hairdryer?
            Picture this Zips. Grown (bald) man standing outside patio door trying to thaw a plastic pipe in sub zero conditions with a hairdryer.

Good idea though, might give it a whirl in the morning.

As we have a 6 month old bab will cut and run to the outlaws tonight (via the offy )

Comment

Means Formula 1 ...

OR

The fault code my Gloworm 18HXI boiler is giving me.

Seemingly caused by an ignition fault. The boiler is situated in the out house and the condensation pipe has frozen solid. This has caused the condensation tank to fill up (nowhere to drain to) and then this has caused the ignition fault.

No sure how. One theory as that condensation is preventing the spark (by shorting the spark ciruit to deck)

Anyone got any ideas?

Also had this a couple of days ago.

The gas is running out and our Tesco's has already sold out of candles.

Comment

Picture this Zips. Grown (bald) man standing outside patio door trying to thaw a plastic pipe in sub zero conditions with a hairdryer.

Good idea though, might give it a whirl in the morning.

As we have a 6 month old bab will cut and run to the outlaws tonight (via the offy )
                I know. While I was typing my reply the picture popped into my head

Get yourselves a curry as well
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I assume that this pipe vents to the outdoors?

Could you use a hose pipe, a funnel and a plentiful supply of hot water from the kettle?
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    I assume that this pipe vents to the outdoors?

Could you use a hose pipe, a funnel and a plentiful supply of hot water from the kettle?
                    It's a good idea. The pipe is of rigid plastic construction and goes into the boiler. I think I can disconnect the pipe from the boiler but would not be able to prise it away far enough to get a funnel on it.

I like Zippy's curry idea. If I get vindaloo and keep some back I could use it to thaw the pipe?

Comment

Working...
                    X